Friday, April 20, 2007

Moths fly into the fire even though they are burnt by it.

Men will never understand women-anonymous.
Anonymous may be the only way to relate to this genius who said this,because thats a truth even the geniuses of Darwin and Lawrence were left groping with,when they were faced with the issue. The only light darwin ever dropped on the topic was when he quoted "the female of this species is more dangerous than the male.."

In one of Lawrence's tortured poems, "the pansies" he provides a liberating insight to man woman relationships. Are we,the members of the human race,condemned as pansies,since nature has decreed that we are essentially incompatible with the fairer sex and yet fail to subjugate the pre-hormonal allure..

Francoise Paullin de Barre,a student of the renowned philosopher, Rene Descartes, once quoted a brilliant one liner which lightens up many "fuzzy" questions when he said "the mind has no sex".

Sex is a perception from the point of biology,while gender is an expression of sociology. What intrigues and illudes me is their intersection, how far do these fissures go?

Mankind with all its uninterrupted genius has ever failed to unravel the mystery of womanhood. No wonder a george meredith quotation flashes to the inner eye, "women will be the last thing to be tamed by man". I am sure after Meredith said this the sale of his novels increased many times over.

Women are totally unpredictable, fickle, erratic(yet errotic) and inconsistent. All their actions being totally devoid of logic are not guided by the simple laws of Human nature. They will very seriously ask for your advice, completely agree to abide by it, then go out and do exactly what you told them not to do.

William Shakespeare found an expression for these relentless women in one of his dramas, the merchant of venice. "Those that she maketh fair,she scarce makes honest; and those that she maketh honest, she makes them very ill favoured."

After numerous discussions with my fellow sufferers,we came to a common conclusion.Beauty in the feminine gender is directly proportional to how mean she is.

Somehow the perception of love is so different between the two genders. When we get love unsought at the beginning, we feel very good about ourselves,although truth is very soon that feeling turns to irritance. But since some magnanimous person invented the word "chivalry" we are unable to tell our admirers to take a long walk off a short pier,quite unlike our female counterparts. So in the best traditions of Bertie Wooster, we make a fool out of ourselves so that they see the light and leave us alone. Unfortunately life portrayed by Wodehouse is not a reality.

But no matter how much we slander women,we always run back to them at the end of the day.No matter how much our brains tell us not to,even after the worst of experiences, we run back to women.So even after all this, when I see an ethereal beauty, I seem to develope amnesia. I feel my egs turning wobbly and I drown myself in the depths of her timeless azure eyes.My heart skips beats and the rate doubles over.

"Moths fly into the fire even though they are burnt by it".

The same can be said of men returning to women.
Ladies,please do not take offense. I understand men even lesser.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It was an interesting read. I wouldn't say it was veeeery good, just to please a friend, but it was definitely out of the way.

Here's a question that's bothering me , tui ki tor sobkota reference nije personally porechish?

pinkidutta said...

its not true

Arpan Kar said...

ma'am.... dnt know hu u r..
saw ur comment really late...
bt this blog is meant 4 humor only.. :)

Maverick's Musings said...

As much knightly as I may consider myself, you deserve the throne in this case, for having beautifully put forward a thought that maketh the truth of the cosmos.. I wholeheartedly support your cause for I know you are "very ill favoured" for being honest gender..
BTW I had an intriguing question for I couldn't agree less. Does your mind really has no sex :P
And for further reference go through this and read the comments too:
http://rcindranil.blogspot.com/2008/05/advantage-women.html

Arpan Kar said...

@Indra: Incidentally I realized this was the first post in this blog. My earlier blog was accidentally deleted, thanks to a ill-fortuned Google account. Otherwise there were a few other posts, which if u read, I'm sure u wud hv cracked ur sides laughing.
As for your queries, its not my mind which I talked bout, but about the whole hu"man"ity clan I talked bout.